FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Concealed Carry, CCW?
Concealed Carry is a way for a law bidding citizen to carry a handgun for self-protection or the protection of someone else without the handgun being seen. To be able to carry a Concealed Carry handgun, you are required in the State of New Mexico to have a Concealed Carry permit. To get a Concealed Carry permit, you must take a Concealed Carry class from a New Mexico Department of Public Safety approved instructor.
What does the Concealed Carry class cover?
The NM CCW class covers many different items required by the State of New Mexico.
The full training course shall not be less than fifteen hours in length and shall provide instruction regarding:
(1) knowledge of and safe handling of single- and double-action revolvers and semiautomatic handguns;
(2) safe storage of handguns and child safety;
(3) safe handgun shooting fundamentals;
(4) live shooting of a handgun on a firing range;
(5) identification of ways to develop and maintain handgun shooting skills;
(6) federal, state and local criminal and civil laws pertaining to the purchase, ownership, transportation, use, and possession of handguns;
(7) techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to control a violent confrontation;
(History: Laws 2003, ch. 255, § 7.)
(8) techniques for nonviolent dispute resolution.
The class also includes live fire instruction and qualifying with a handgun.
Handguns will be provided by Sure Resource if you need a handgun to qualify or you may use your own.
What range do we use to Qualify for the live fire shooting part of the class?
We use the City of Albuquerque Shooting Range Park to do most of our Range instruction and Concealed Carry Qualifications.
What’s your cancellation policy?
We usually don’t cancel a class unless it’s due to a weather-related safety issue. We use the City of Albuquerque Shooting Range Park for our Range Instruction and Qualifying. The range is outdoors and we want the safety of our students to come first.
We don’t offer a refund for a class if a student has to cancel a class date. However, we will try to reschedule you for the next class that will meet one of our scheduled dates. Please select a class date from the dates listed on our schedule page and we will try to accommodate your schedule.
How many classes do you do a month?
We usually schedule one to two full 15-hour classes a month.
However, we do have additional classes as needed to meet the demand of our students.
We also provide private classes which, can be scheduled by appointment.
We also provide the 2-hour recertification and the 4-hour renewal classes.
Where can I call if I have any questions?
We are available to answer your questions.
Please call (505) 263-9090 or you can send us a message from our contact page or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also located on Facebook and Twitter